Anne Marie is a licensed Speech-Language Pathologist committed to helping children and adults reach their maximum potential.
Anne Marie Farinas-Auvinen is a practicing speech-language pathologist. Anne Marie earned her Bachelor's from the University of Florida and her Master's of Science from Florida International University in Communication Sciences and Disorders. She has been licensed and certified in Florida and American Speech and Hearing Association since 2005.
Mrs. Farinas-Auvinen has been working with children and adults in improving their feeding and communication skills in speech and language for over 15 years as an assistant and therapist. She has treated individuals diagnosed with variety of neurological and physical disabilities, feeding difficulties and developmental delays in various settings, such as homes, schools, rehabilitation and private centers.
- Feeding Therapy: A Sensory Motor Approach- TalkTools
- Velopharyngeal Impairment Treatment
- A Three Part Treatment Plan for Oral Motor Therapy- Talktools
- An NDT (Neuro-Developmental Treatment) Approach to Baby
- Beyond the Basics: Challengenes in Diagnosis of Stuttering
- Rib Cage: Focus on the RC for improvement in respiration, phonation, postural control and movement- NDT
- NDTA Conference- Building blocks of baby treatment
- Autism & Asperger Syndrome- Caught "In Between the Gap"
- DIR/Floortime Developmental-Relational Treatment of Autism
- Nutrition and Aging
- Interactive Oral Sensory-Motor and Techniques- Talktools
- Let's Tango to Communicate
- Augmentative & Alternative Communication (AAC) I & II webinars- Northeastern University
Anne Marie has obtained a massage therapy certification and used her skills volunteering in the Touch Institute of Miami- Neonatal Intensive Unit. Massage therapy has positively influenced her understanding of the body and how it relates to feeding and speech.